Christmas is over, so treat yourself and unwind by enjoying the break between Christmas and New Year, known as Twixmas. Relax and regain your energy during the quieter period between the two holidays before the partying of New Year begins.
Here are 10 things you can do at Twixmax.
- Turn all of your leftovers into a delicious picnic. Enjoy it at home, take it to the park, the beach or to a friend’s home and revel in the variety of festive foods.
- Get the whole family to help you write thank you cards for gifts and greetings you received, so you get them out of the way before 2012.
- Read a good book from beginning to end.
- Create a vision board with images that depict how you want to live your life for the next 12 months.
- Organize all your photos and revisit favorite memories with your lover, family and friends.
- Go to a relaxing destination for a couple of days to enjoy the post-Christmas lull.
- Start exercising by walking, doing yoga, skipping, swimming or just doing sit ups while watching TV.
- Break out the board games and play with the whole family. If romance is your intention, sex them up by changing the rules. Monopoly can be sexy when you play naked and if you land on “Go to Jail” then your lover handcuffs you while making love to you.
- Clean out your closet and give everything to charity that you haven’t worn for two years or more.
- Stay in bed, watch movies or sports and relax. If you feel guilty about not being productive, take your laptop to bed. Get food delivered so you don’t have to do dishes. Finally, make love to your partner or pleasure yourself to celebrate love and intimacy.
Twixmas can stretch your festive celebrations until New Year or it can be the break you need to recoup from family commitments between festivities.