I have been a businesswoman for over a decade with a passion to succeed and I’ve learned some valuable lessons along the way that I’d like to share with you, especially if you have a business or you are thinking of working for yourself. My intentions are to empower you to reach your business goals while balancing your personal life. It’s been an inspirational journey for me that continues to surprise me when I least expect it, so even if you only get one new snippet of information from my Top 10 Secrets to Success, it will be worthwhile and if you’d like to share your secrets to success, I would be grateful.
Lesson 1. Mind + Body + Heart connection = Success. The mind and body are inextricably linked together and when they work as one, you are energized and focused on what you want to accomplish. Now add your heart into the mix and you have the emotional attachment to fend off any obstacles that may come your way.
2. Choose a business that you would want to run even if you didn't get paid. Imagine if you didn't need money to survive, what would be your purpose in life and the meaning within you? Your answer is your life’s mission, so express your purpose and you will attract it with abundance.
3. It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. There is nothing more important than your reputation and integrity, so treat everyone with respect, be honest and kind. People will inherently treat you the same way that you treat them.
4. Enjoy signing checks, whether it's for salaries, bills or taxes. Operate from a consciousness of wealth because the more checks you write, the more money you are capable of making. So, be just as grateful when you write checks as you are when you receive checks.
5. Mentor others and share your knowledge with people who have the same passion as you. The more you give, the more you get back, so don't be afraid of competitors because there is room for everyone to succeed.
6. Give incentives and rewards to your employees, acknowledge, appreciate and validate them for the work that they do for you. Most importantly, give yourself the same rewards for your own achievements big and small.
7. Negotiate to achieve win-win as opposed to trying to make the other party lose. Take the time to understand what the other party needs and find a way to structure your deal so that everyone is happy and feels valued. This is how to create long term relationships.
8. Collaborate; more heads are better than one and there's no better way to get the creative juices flowing than to share ideas, encourage constructive criticism and don't be afraid to delegate tasks because you can't do everything on your own.
9. Make time for romance and intimacy. There is a direct correlation to success in business and success in love. Relationship satisfaction and business satisfaction actually feed each other, so the more passion you have at home, the more passion you'll have at work.
10. Take risks to reach your ultimate goal. That means knowing what your ultimate goal is and how you are going to execute it. Write it down in great detail as if you were writing a business plan with a beginning, middle and an end, but add the emotional rewards that you will gain from accomplishing your goal. Now list all of the risks you can think of below your goal and ask yourself, “What do I have to lose if I take these risks and what do I have to gain?” See which list is the longest, strongest and most compelling for you and act accordingly.
Posted by Dr. Ava Cadell on January 04, 2011 02:16 pm
LIKE IT! RETWEET!
More posts by Dr. Ava Cadell