One of the most exciting days of the year got me thinking. Where did Valentine’s Day actually come from? Who came up with this brilliant idea? Was it someone with the last name of Hallmark? Actually it was the Romans and it seems when in Rome, do as the Romans do.
They came up with this special day in the form of a game show. With women’s’ names placed in a box, the men would draw from it to find their next female companion for the next year.
This 800-year-old tradition was brought to an end by the Roman Catholics as they wanted to take Valentine’s Day in a whole new direction, so they went Hollywood with an exhaustive casting mission to find the perfect Saint. They wound up choosing Bishop Valentine, who was secretly performing marriage ceremonies.
However he paid the ultimate price and lost his head in the process when he was actually decapitated by the emperor who outlawed marriage because he thought it made men poor soldiers.
So the moral of the story is, if you ever feel you’re losing your mind over Valentine’s Day, make sure you don’t lose your head.
Here are 10 romantic things couples can do together on Valentines Day:
- Share the most romantic dates you’ve had together and relive at least one again
- Write a Couples Mission Statement together or make a Romantic Vision Board for your relationship goals
- Give a sensual Massage to each other on rose petals
- Have an aphrodisiac love fest by feeding each other foods that boost libido like sushi, fresh fruits and chocolates
- Take a bubble bath surrounded by candles and bathe each other
- Exchange a wish list of 3 things that will heighten a romantic experience for you and make each others wishes come true
- Find each others erogenous zones, blindfolded
- Watch one of my instructional videos on oral sex, anal pleasure, BDSM for couples or how to please a woman, all available on Amazon.com
- Work out together by going on a hike or doing some sexual fitness exercises at home that will get you in the mood for love
10.Write a Love Letter about all the qualities that you love about each other and read them out loud
If you are single, you can celebrate Valentines Day with these 10 Tips:
- Pamper Yourself because there’s no more worthy valentine than you, so buy yourself some chocolate, flowers, get a massage, manicure or pedicure. Whatever you do, reward yourself with something that makes you happy
- Call another single friend & go out to eat or go to the movies where you can enjoy the company of a good friend.
Find the rest of the ‘single Valentine’s Day tips’ here!