With the pressure of the holiday season just around the corner, it’s no wonder that so many people feel more stressed out than usual. If this sounds remotely like you, then it’s time to do something about it. Stress is our worst enemy and it’s responsible for so many illnesses including depression, high blood pressure and even heart attacks. So, what’s the best ways to de-stress? By putting on a happy face! Visualize a time in your life when you were happy and hold that thought. Our thoughts control our lives and we have the power to change our thoughts at any time or place, so for your health’s sake, take control and choose to change it today. Change your attitude for the entire month of December. It’s a secret power that you have working 24 hours a day, whether it’s positive or negative, the choice is yours. Your attitude is more important than success or failure!
This is the month for giving and celebrating with loved ones. There is no point in worrying or stressing about anything that you don’t have control over. So here are 12 useful boosters to help you have the happiest holiday season.
1. Create a Vision Board to stay inspired and begin manifesting your dreams into reality for your goals in 2011. Use pictures and words that represent what you want in your life and display your board in a prominent place where you will see it every day.
2. Give your mind a gift. Since this is the month of giving, I can’t think of a more worthy contender than your mind. If your mind is filled with the same old predictable stuff, feed it something new and exciting. Read a new book, learn a new skill or take a new class at www. LoveologyUniversity.com on love, relationships, intimacy or sex. The book of Real Age states that people who keep on learning live 2.4 years longer.
3. Give hugs generously to those who need them.
4. Write someone a love letter. If you’re in a relationship, then write a letter to your lover and let him/her know all the things that you love about them. If you’re not in a relationship, write a letter to a friend or family member and let them know that they are making a difference in your life.
5. Light a scented candle and take a bubble bath. Lie back and relax in the warm water as you focus on the lit candle and feel your mind and body unwind. Water is very healing physically and emotionally. You can do this with or without a lover.
6. Be kind to a total stranger. Hold the door open for someone, put money in their meter, help someone out with their shopping or offer to pump someone’s gas. Acts of random kindness can bring joy to both the giver and the receiver.
7. Surprise someone you love with a gift or trinket before Xmas or Hanukah. If you have a lover, this is the perfect time to give them a bedroom toy from EvolvedNovelties.com
8. Get a hand, foot, head or full body massage. You deserve it.
9. Date yourself. Whether you’re in a relationship or single, there’s no better stress reliever than doing something that you want to do.
10. Make a commitment to let go of judgments about other people and to accept them just the way they are. You can train yourself to find the positive in everything and everyone.
11. Ask someone to help you with something specific. It can be something at work, home or in a social environment. If you don’t ask, you will not receive and receiving is just as important as giving.
12. Celebrate the holidays early with a party, even if it’s a small one. Call or send invitations to your favorite people and invite them to your home, a restaurant, bar or any other fun place where you can all celebrate friendship.
So don’t let the holidays stress you out, embrace the festive season, take advantage of some of the suggestions that appeal to you from above and come up with some of your own. I have created these ideas to bring more contentment into your life mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. During this month of giving, give yourself the gift of happiness.